About two years ago Dr. JJ Levine walked into my living room to tell Hal and I about a company that had an amazing product and a promising business plan. The compensation plan sounded almost to good to be true. I had heard about several of these companies in the past. Hal knew better than to bring another one home. When you own your own business everyone thinks that you are a great candidate for other entrapenurial ventures. We had an agreement that the pat answer would be "my wife will divorce me if I do something like that". This time Hal did not come home and tell me he brought Dr. Levine.
I liked the sound of what I heard. It sure sounded like it had the making of a great opportunity. I really wanted to believe in something that would bring change to our lives. Hal was ready to embrace the opportunity and to me that was exciting as he had struggled with health among other things and needed something to be excited about. We chatted and decided to jump in with both feet.
In the beginning we ran with the ball. Problem one - we did not really do things in the standard duplication model. Why is that a problem? Because others could not do the same thing. We really appreciate the friends and family that began the journey with us. It is a wonderful thing to share a product that changes lives both in health and prosperity. For the most part at least initially we saw more improvement in the health arena.
As the months moved along we began to be a little skeptical. Things just were not happening as we thought they should. I had self doubt. I knew what I wanted and I never gave up belief that this company could take us where we wanted to go. The demon I had to overcome was fear. Fear and a lack of self confidence. I was willing to ride on Hal's coattails one more time. Problem two - that would not work. Hal had other matters that required his attention. One day I remember calling Angie Levine and trying to express through tears to her what my WHY was. At that moment I felt determined. I remember Angie's words, "Shelley write this down. God gifted me Zrii, I will make Him proud." I have kept those words on my fridge and in my heart.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Shelley and Hal Winters
- Arizona, United States
No comments:
Post a Comment